- This agenda has passed.
Invisible Borders and the Movement of Goods: AEOs and the Future of Government/Private Sector Partnerships
June 19, 2019 @ 10:45 am - 11:45 am
This panel will discuss border development and government-private sector partnerships to facilitate movement of goods, including Authorized Economic Operators (AEO) programs and progress under the SAFE Framework. The panel will include a discussion on the Iceberg Theory of border control, i.e., alternative compliance measures, inspections and controls away from the frontier in the light of major Customs challenges like Brexit.
• Dr. Lars Karlsson, Managing Director, KGH Global Consulting; President KGH Border Services, KGH Group; Former WCO Director for Capacity Building and DG Swedish Customs
• Dr. Katy Hayward, Queens University, Belfast (Confirmed)
• Shanker Singham, Director of International Trade and Competition Unit, Institute of Economic Affairs (Confirmed)
• Ernani Checcucci, Senior Trade Facilitation Specialist, World Bank (Confirmed)
• Ronaldo Medina, Tax and Customs Attache of Brazil to the United States, Former Under Secretary (DG) of Receita Federal (Confirmed)